Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see all computers in network places

Hi all and thanks for reading.

I have a weird problem, I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    We have one SBS2008 box in our network. Some computers are inside the domain and some others are in a workgroup. We've been workling well for several months. Today, people that are joined to the domain, started asking me why they don't see all the computers in their network places. You can access all the resources by its IP address (i.e. \\192.168.1.87), you can also access all the resources by its name (i.e. \\MYPC) BUT I can see only some of them in the Network. In my case, I'm using Win7 and I can only see the 2 WVista computers and one NAS... Do you have any idea of what is happening? can I rebuild and propagate again the windows names to all computers?
    . We use the SBS DHCP.

Thank you very much,

Jud

Re: Can't see all computers in network places

What OS are the missing ones?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian,

I could only browse Windows Vista computers, most of them are XP, and three NAS boxes.

I say I could because I found how to fix it:

I enabled the "computer broswser service" in the SBS 2008 box, and everything works again!

Have a great day !

Jud

Comment

Well done, and thanks for posting back
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X