Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Web Workplace - RDP doesn't work externally

Hello,

I am setting up remote web workplace. I didn't do the installation on the server in question but I am managing it now.

My problem is that when I go to my RWW URL from outside the LAN, I can login to the RWW URL, and see the usual: Read email, connect to computer, use internal web site etc etc. I can use OWA just fine from here (and the external OWA url). When I click on Connect to Computer and choose one of them, my password doesn't appear to work.

Internally, it works fine. Internally we use a different DNS name: eg remote.xxx.com exists on external dns and internal dns.

We use a go daddy multi domain ssl certificate that's valid and I don't get any SSL errors.

I don't think this is a password problem as I can login and out of RWW from anywhere. I just can't connect to a computer from outside the LAN.

Any idea what I am still needing to do?

Re: Remote Web Workplace - RDP doesn't work externally

I've seen this problem due to the TS Gateway service getting hung up. Start it if it's stopped and restart it if it's already running and see if that fixes it.

Comment

I figured out the problem- at least, the solution that works for me.

Somehow in my configurating I removed the SSL certificate from the TS Gateway Manager settings. I still had it on the ISS virtual directory, which is why I didn't see any HTTPS errors.

Anyway, I added it back in - but I still could not login from external locations.

I looked in the Authorization settings in IIS under the SBS Web Applications >> RPC virtual web site and set the Windows Authentication mode to Enable.

I didn't need to restart IIS or anything, and I can now use RWW from external locations.

Comment

Reputation points earned for posting back the solution
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I had the same issue some time ago.

I managed to RDP using the FQDN for example:

domainname.local\user
          password

IN Win7 or Vista I didn't have to use the FQDN just the user+password

Jud

Comment

Working...
          X