Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 Grace Period

Hi,
    I'm on my way of migrating SBS 2003 to 2008 R2 (not SBS). Many people are saying about the grace period. I worried about that and already extended to 21 days by running hotfix.
    But I'm not sure whether grace period is only effect to SBS to SBS migration OR SBS to Standard Migration too.

Thanks
    Thu Ya

Re: SBS 2003 Grace Period

AFAIK the grace perod is extended from 7 to 21 days for the co-existance of 2 SBS Servers in a single domain. Adding extra DCs to the domain is supported normally so not affected by the grace period. I've never done an SBS to full product migration, but I'd expect the installation of Exchange to be where things get sticky, however there are documented procedures on Technet for this.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: SBS 2003 Grace Period

Exchange is a standard move mailbox between two servers in an organisation. Just make sure that you get the public folder replication and then removal of the Ex2003 correct.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X