Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCOM error

HI , friends
    My sbs 2008 works fine ,but I get system error 10009 "Dcom was unable to communicate with the computer localhost.localdomain using any of the configugured protocol" every 30 min. 5 or 6 times every time. What does it mean? Thanks

Re: DCOM error

where do you see that? On the SBS server itself?

Is it reporting it can't communicate with itself (localhost) using any of the configured protocols?

Comment

I solved my problem. Few weeks ago I joined Myworldbook (storage ) to domain for testing purpose and disconnected it .Now I noticed , that there is an entry in DNS with name "storage" and IP 127.0.0.1.After deleting this record I donít see errors.
      Thanks for replay. Best regards

Comment

I am having the same problem but I know whats causing it. Its a computer that is not always on so the server can't communicate with it. I would like to either turn this event off or lower how often it checks. Can someone help me with this?
        My event viewer is flooded with this event.

Comment

So find out why the server is contantly trying to communicate with the workstation (an app?) and fix that!
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

its a domain controller and this is normal. The computer the server is trying to communicate with is across the street. The office is connected via vpn all the time. I do not have a secondary dc over there yet. I just want to turn the event off or lower how often it checks. We have other computers across the street but they are on all the time. Netbios traffic between the domain controller and workstations for dns/wins/AD/WSUS push updates etc. are normal. When the server can't communicate with a workstation, it logs this event.

Comment

Working...
            X