Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Error in '/' Application. HTTP 404 - The Resource Cannot be found.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Error in '/' Application. HTTP 404 - The Resource Cannot be found.

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to http://companyweb/default.aspx

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

We are running SBS2003. My PC is running Google Chrome and IE8 on a Windows 7 machine. It works intermittently but most of the time it doesn't work.

We have a Windows 2003 terminal server running IE8 and I am able to connect http://companyweb/default.aspx all the time.

Please help.

Re: Server Error in '/' Application. HTTP 404 - The Resource Cannot be found.

Make sure name resolution works, so ping and nslookup the server. Try using FQDN and IP address in the URL. Check the Event viewer for IIS/Asp.Net errors and IIS logs too.

-vP

Comment

Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
      Make sure name resolution works, so ping and nslookup the server. Try using FQDN and IP address in the URL. Check the Event viewer for IIS/Asp.Net errors and IIS logs too.

-vP
      Hi vP,

I already tried all that and it doesn't work.

Currently, it is working for most users except for myself and several others.

It's quite strange. I bet later today, it will work again.

It seems more like a client issue but I cannot figure out what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ksib2010 View Post
        Currently, it is working for most users except for myself and several others.
        Check that IE caching is not causing any troubles. Make sure the Internet Options -> Browsing History Settings -> Check for newer versions is Every time instead of something else. I've seen IE caching error pages too often.

You could install Fiddler to a computer that has the problem often and look at the HTTP stream to be sure if the web server does send an error page.

-vP

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone have an updated solution for this???

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why it is working on my PC running Windows 7.

And it is intermittent.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

So what Fiddler told you about the HTTP traffic?

-vP

Comment

How do I use FIDDLER to figure out the problem???

Comment

Read these.

And try this
                "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Working...
                X