No announcement yet.

Bad Mail - but it is infact good mail.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Mail - but it is infact good mail.

Hi,

Running SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007 - conencting mail via the pop connector. We seem to be getting some mail which gets filed under "bad mail" but the message is actually good. Can anyone shed any light on this and how do you move the message so it does actually get delivered?

I know we should move away from pop connectors and we will be but at the moment this is how we collect our mail.

Cheers all!

Re: Bad Mail - but it is infact good mail.

you can drop the messages in

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\Pickup

and change the file extention to .eml and they will be delivered.

Comment

Legend... Thanks! Why is it that everywhere you read it says MS dont support pop connecting yet they create the addins for it to work - all be it a bit unreliable.

Comment

Yea I was totally excited when I saw the pop3 connector. Our business is very email heavy and we can't afford to be down at all 24/7. I was going to use the pop3 connector so that I could move everyone to the exchange server and then change our dns at godaddy to the exchange server. Well, all this was going to be awesome until I found out that the pop3 connector will not leave a message on the server. yuck, what a let down.

Comment

Working...
        X