No announcement yet.

SBS 2011 shared webdomain unresolved receipients

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 shared webdomain unresolved receipients

I have an SBS 2011 setup with a shared webdomain name. Most users are on the SBS server but some have an ISP based POP3 account. I use the POP connector to receive the mail from the ISP. When i would like to mail users that only use the ISP mail, the Exchange server gives an error.

In SBS 2003 it was easy to forward all unresolved receipients to the smarthost. How is this done on an SBS 2011 installation???

maybe i posted it a bit early, i think i already found it.

When you go to the Exchange management console, you go to organization configuration -> hub transport. Then to the tab Accepted domains you see Windows SBS external Domain Properties. You should click on properties and you see the first button is active. If you put it on the second button, the webdomain name is shared.
    Last edited by jantje.vlaam; 12th January 2011, 23:13.

Re: SBS 2011 shared webdomain unresolved receipients

Thanks for posting back to give closure - it helps others who may ask the same question.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.