Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redirected Folders - how to make them not offline folders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirected Folders - how to make them not offline folders?

Hi Guys,

Excuse my ignorance but I am trying and have succeeded in redirecting folders for users to a network share. Since configuring this the files redirected have the "offline" symbol next to them. I have set a goup policy so "offline" files arent available but the arrows indicating offline files is still there - any ideas?

Thanks (still got my L plates on!) Sorted - although I disabled it via group policy it was enabled on the local machine
    Last edited by 5habbaranks; 17th November 2010, 17:17.

Re: Redirected Folders - how to make them not offline folders?

If you want to ensure that your Group Policy change is enforced then, on the local machine, open a command window and type :

gpupdate /force

Rebooting the local machine twice then definitely makes sure all Group Policies are propogated.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: Redirected Folders - how to make them not offline folders?

Hi,

Thanks for that - I had tried that prior to starting a thread. It seems that the machine had at some point in its life had offline files enabled - and perhaps files stored in cache?

The only way I could get it not to have offline enabled was to manually change it in folder properties - would this be the case on all machines?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X