Terminal Services will not start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Services will not start

I remotely upgraded Trend Micro Worry Free Business Security Advanced 5.1 to Trend Micro Worry Free Business Security Advanced 6.3 on an SBS 2003 server. The upgrade of the Messaging Security Agent failed so I ran the Trend Micro MSA unistaller to remove all the old traces of the v5.1 MSA before I tried reinstalling the v6.3 MSA.

The problem is the Terminal Services service will not start and I lost my connection. I had someone restart the server with no luck. I logged onto an XP computer on the network and installed Adminpac. I connected to the servcies on the SBS server.

The terminal services service is in 'manual' mode and when I try to start it or change it to 'automatic' I get the error that it did not respond in a timely manner.

Ther service depends on the RPC service which is running. Any suggestions? There used to be an MSVP fix for TS for XP. Is there one for Server 2003?

Thanks,
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Terminal Services will not start

trend micro's firewall API hooks probably got in there somehow.

do you have an iLO/RIB/DRAC for the server at all ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Terminal Services will not start

Unfortunately no
      Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Working...
      X