Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import active directory 2003 standard to SBS 2008 console

Hi,

I've migrate my exist 2003 standard domain to SBS 2008.
    I can see all my users and computers account in active directory users and computers but, they aren't in the SBS users and computers console.

- The question is how to import the users to the sbs users and computers console.

- another question is do i need to remove my old 2003 standard domain?

Thanks for the help

Re: import active directory 2003 standard to SBS 2008 console

Solution

In your SBS 2008 Console go to Users and then over to the right you will see “Change User Role for user accounts” select this and then this will start a wizard. Select Standard User and “Replace User Permissions or Roles” hit next here you will see the users on your SBS 2008 Server but if you check the box that says “Display all user accounts in AD” this will show you your users you are looking for. You highlight the ones you want and add them and the wizard will do the rest. You will have to do this for the ones you want as Standard users and also again for the ones you want to have Administrative permissions. Also if you are wanting your computers and Servers to showup in their respective lists you add these to the SBS Computers and Servers OU’s respectively and then they will showup in your SBS 2008 console.Hope this helps.

For the second question - you can keep your old dc if it was a 2003 standard domain and not a sbs.

Comment

Just be aware that using that wizard will reset all User permissions, so if you have set up any special permissions on the new and/or old server(s) thay may get changed.

Depending on how you migrated to the SBS domain, you should be able to leave your old server as part of the new setup - but we need more info!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi, I migrate from a 2003 R2 standard domain

Comment

Working...
        X