Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet access for Nondomain users

Hi guys,

I have setup a server for a client and all is well but the client recently approached me and said that he wants any person(non-domain user) to be able to connect to the wireless access point to access the internet.

Since DHCP is off on the router and the server is only releasing IP Addresses to those that are on the domain, is it possible to get IP addresses to these non-domain users, keeping dhcp on the server.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Internet access for Nondomain users

Server DHCP will give an address to anyone who requests it -- including iThings etc.
    If it did not, how would you add new computers to the domain?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I see.

So what you're saying is that this should already be working?

Comment

yes, it should work
        provided of course, the wireless AP is proxying DHCP requests.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Personally I'd recommend you get something like a Watchguard XTM device, which is not only a very good firewall, but also provides Wireless Guest access and isolates visitors from your internal network.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X