How to reapply user folder permissions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reapply user folder permissions

I have sbs2008
    I configured the redirectedfolders & other server directory
    In the server i couldn't see the user folders unless i'm taking ower ship and change the security

But when i did it the user couldn't connect to this directory again
    ( the user has a permision )

Re: How to

I'm sorry but i forgot to write all the had line ton

How to bring back the user permision

Re: How to

You need to make sure each folder has the user added with modify permissions, then inherit permissions to child objects.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: How to reapply user folder permissions

Make the user a Admin, get them to log on, then make them take ownership.

Depends on how meny users there are.

That will show you how to setup a roaming profile, just ignore the first step.

If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
        IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".