Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirect mail

Hello,

I want to configure anti spam on the sbs2008 domain. I am looking at an external solution which filters mail before it is sent to Exchange. This filter inserts the word 'spam' in the subject line of junk mail.
    Can Exchange 2007 be setup to route all mail with the word 'spam' in the subject title to a specific mailbox, rather than delivering it to the intended recipient?
    Thanks

Re: Redirect mail

I would look at a solution that doesn't deliver any of this type of mail, instead of just inserting the word [spam]. If you are worried about false positives, any such system should give the user access to cherry-pick and whitelist these from the dump.
    Contact me off-line if you want to know about such a system.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh 2009 View Post
      Hello,

I want to configure anti spam on the sbs2008 domain. I am looking at an external solution which filters mail before it is sent to Exchange. This filter inserts the word 'spam' in the subject line of junk mail.
      Can Exchange 2007 be setup to route all mail with the word 'spam' in the subject title to a specific mailbox, rather than delivering it to the intended recipient?
      Thanks

You could create a outlook rule to forward anything with [Spam] in the subject line to a folder (like the spam folder).

Could we know what software this is, as there is a good chance there is a option in the software to change its behavior.

It sounds like AVG 2011, if it is, there is a option to move it directly to the Spam folder, as well as a client based whiltelist.

I believe there is even a option to put anything marked as "spam" in your inbox for 1 day, then move to your spam folder. I have not seen a option for this, but this is what happens on my work computer (the AV was setup by my boss, and I have yet to investigate the settings).

The more details you put into your opening post, the less questions we have to ask, and the faster you get a answer.

Wofen
      Good to be back....

Comment

I can set rules in the Outlook client to direct mail to folders but I want to stop the mail reaching the mailbox.
        Can the exchange 2007 console be configured to redirect mail which has the word 'Spam' in the subject line to a certain mailbox?

Comment

Working...
        X