Exchange Server 2007 SBS 2008 error code 550 5.7.1 unable to relay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server 2007 SBS 2008 error code 550 5.7.1 unable to relay

Hi, I've been batteling this for 2 days now. I setup SBS 2008 and Exchange 2007 with SP3 it was running with no problem for 2 weeks, and yesterday some reason started rejecting external incoming mails. Has no problem sending them out. I removed Receive connector, reinstalled it. Under "permission Groups" Tab, only "Anonymous users" is sellected. still no incoming mail. Next; To activate Anonymous users to use this connector for relaying, I issued the following commands:
    Get-ReceiveConnector “Receive Connector Name” | Add-ADPermission -User “NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON” -ExtendedRights “Ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient

Still can't receive email from outside, I also telnet to port 25 and relay is denied. I've installed exchange Server hundreds of times never had an issue like this one. Looks like all the permissions are set right but still not receiving email from outside.
    Any Ideas please let me know.
    Our Clients are using Outlook 2010 using exchange service. Again Receiving emails were working fine for 2 weeks and suddenly stopped receiving and giving famous 550 5.7.1 unable to relay,
    Any ideas?

Re: Exchange Server 2007 SBS 2008 error code 550 5.7.1 unable to relay

Have you tried running the Fix My Network Wizard. One of its jobs is to fix receive connectors in Exchange.

Comment

Re: Exchange Server 2007 SBS 2008 error code 550 5.7.1 unable to relay

I got it fix by removing virtual SMTP Protocol and reinstalling it again. everything is same way but it's working now. One of those days I guess, Something Corrupted the virtual SMTP I don't know why and how.

Comment

Working...
      X