No announcement yet.

SBS 2003 Inbound Fax Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 Inbound Fax Issue

Good afternoon all. My client has an issue with their SBS faxing, I haven't been able to figure out what is going on yet and was hoping someone here could help. I have done some google searching, but have not come up with anything that resolves the issue. The modem is a US Robotics 56K USB Modem. The faxes are not configured to go to anything (Sharepoint, Printer, Email or File)....rather the users just use a fax console on their desktop.

If I call their fax line, the line picks up and I get tones. So it would appear that we are working up until this point.

When I have an incoming fax, I see the fax console pick up the call and begin processing it. However, at some point it tells me "The incoming call cannot be answered as a fax call." The Event Log says "The fax service failed to receive a fax." When I look at the logs in the fax inbound calls I get a reception error telling me that the incoming call can't be answered as a fax call with an error code of either 0x00000013 or 0x40000801.

The first thing I did was power cycle the modem and cycle the Fax service. I increase the number of rings and dropped the baud rate down to 4800 (also tried 2400 but is sitting at 4800 right now). During these changes, I kept testing and what seemed odd was that out of about 10+ tests, I got two to go through but nothing else.

At this point, I am not finding much more help on google. The only thing I can think of right now is to reboot the server (planned for tonight) or replacing the modem. However, I just wanted to get some opinions and see if anyone else has run into this or if any one has any ideas on how fix this.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Chickensaur; 21st October 2010, 20:07.