No announcement yet.

restore db to a previous date

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore db to a previous date

My client have a SBS2008 running SQL2005, he delete a very important ecord from the DB and want to restore it to the day of yesterday. But since he doesnt has any kind of backup I try to take the DB from the shadow copies (previous versions) but when I come to the folder:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data or to the DB is no previous versions!
    The most strange is the date modified is one month ago even they use the db every day.

Is there still a way to restore it? Maybe using the log or something like that?

Thanks in advance

Re: restore db to a previous date

I would recommend you post this to a SQL forum as you are more likely to get an answer to your query there - us SBS types tend to use it as it comes out of the box and less under the covers.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.