POP3 not downloading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POP3 not downloading

I am making users on SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007) and some of the accounts are not getting emails downloaded. If I send an email to say 3 users from outside only one of them gets downloaded. If I find the POP3 connector in say one that does not download I can force download with the "Get now" button and that works.

Any advice welcome.

Re: POP3 not downloading

how often is your pop3 connector set to retrieve mail?

Why are you using the pop3 connector... ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

And how is mail getting to your POP3 mailboxes? You cannot create users in AD and expect your ISP to automatically create a corresponding POP3 mailbox! Alternatively, do you have a "catchall" mailbox account?
      Last edited by teiger; 17th October 2010, 01:39. Reason: Typo
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by happyhacker View Post
        I am making users on SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007) and some of the accounts are not getting emails downloaded. If I send an email to say 3 users from outside only one of them gets downloaded. If I find the POP3 connector in say one that does not download I can force download with the "Get now" button and that works.

Any advice welcome.

So, the problem is not with the SBS connector (or it not being configered correctly), as it works when you manully activate it.

Can we have some more infomation about how you have configered the connector? Time between downloads, any changes in ports or settings. Is it the standard one that comes with SBS2008?

Have you tried any other connector? The QSS Exchange connector is a nice connect that has a 30day free trial. Install that and see if it will let you download the email.

I highly recommend moving away from the SBS 2008 connector, ether to true SMTP mail, or just a 3rd party app.

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
        X