No announcement yet.

How do I add a W7 print driver to sbs2003?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a W7 print driver to sbs2003?

Hi, hope someone can help.

I need to make a W7 print driver available for a shared printer from sbs2003.

We have an epson printer shared from our sbs2003 box, clients connect to it via a mapping of lpt1 to the shared device (net use lpt1 \\server\share). This is a requirement of an installed sales software and can't be changed.

This all works fine on the XP clients but won't work on the W7 clients. I have read that W7 won't allow a mapping to lpt1 but I can work around this.

What I need to do is make the W7 print driver available in the available drivers window of the shared printer on the SBS box.

Thanks in advance

Re: How do I add a W7 print driver to sbs2003?

If you open "Printers and Faxes" right click and goto Server Prop, oyu should be able to add a printer driver in there. It will allow you add the driver without and hardware attached, or for different versions of windows.

If that fails you could try a universal print driver, that should allow the Epsom to print from the windows 7.

If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
    IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".