X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator account

Hi
    I installed sbs2008
    During the installation i had to create an account ( admin)
    Can't i log in with the administrator account?
    I tried to log in as administrator and i got the messege that this account is disable

How can i enable this account?

Thanks

Re: Administrator account

You'll need to logon with the created account first and re-enable the Administrator account I would assume.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      You'll need to logon with the created account first and re-enable the Administrator account I would assume.

Camel is right on the money there.

Its disabled as standard now to try and stop people using the built in administor account.

Its Best Prac to right click and "run as" when ever you need to do something as the built in admin. I believe the only exculsion to this is some exchange and SQL maintenance requires you to log on as the Built in, but do not quote me on that (I have yet to find any time I have to Log on, Run as always works for me).

Wofen
      Good to be back....

Comment

Personally I would leave it Disabled and rename the Admin account because Administrator and Admin are the 2 most common names that are being used to try and hack my Server. Using a different name makes it just that wee bit harder for them. Make sure you have a very strong password or passphrase on your administration account.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I found an account today called 4md!n

!!
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

"nimda" anyone?
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

saabmud is one I'd love to see
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X