Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OWA Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OWA Problem

    I believe I broke my owa setup trying to fix another problem we've been having with freezing logins. Anyhow, when I try to go to the owa site, I now get this error:
    Outlook Web App didn't initialize. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
    Web object 'IIS://GLENDOSERV.Glendo.lan/W3SVC/1/ROOT' can't be found.
    I also get the following BPA errors:
    Authentication settings for the /autodiscover virtual directory are not default
    The Authentication settings for the /autodiscover virtual directory are not default
    Authentication settings for the /autodiscover virtual directory are not at the defaults. This can cause uses to be unable to connect using email.
    Open an admin Exchange Powershell window and run the following command: get-autodiscovervirtualdirectory | set-autodiscovervirtualdirectory -basicauthentication $true -windowsauthentication $true

    Authentication settings for the /ews virtual directory are not default
    The authentication settings for the /ews virtual directory are not at the default values.
    If the authentication settings for the /ews virtual directory are not at the default values, users cannot connect by using email.
    To reset the authentication settings for the /ews virtual directory, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, and then click Exchange Management Shell. In Exchange Management Shell, run the following command: get-webservicesvirtualdirectory | set-webservicesvirtualdirectory -basicauthentication $true -windowsauthentication $true -WSSecurity $true

    Authentication settings for the /OAB virtual directory are not default
    The authentication settings for the /OAB virtual directory are not at the default values.
    If the authentication settings for the /OAB virtual directory are not at the default values, users cannot download the address book.
    To reset the authentication settings for the /OAB virtual directory, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, and then click Exchange Management Shell. In Exchange Management Shell, run the following command: get-oabvirtualdirectory | set-oabvirtualdirectory -basicauthentication $true -windowsauthentication $true

    These may or may not all be related but when I try to run the commands from the exchange shell, I get:
    The task wasn't able to connect to IIS on the server 'GLENDOSERV.Glendo.lan'. Make sure that the server exists and can
    be reached from this computer: The RPC server is unavailable.
    + CategoryInfo : ReadError: (GLENDOSERV\OAB (Default Web Site):ADObjectId) [Get-OabVirtualDirectory], IIS
    NotReachableException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ED30BB9C,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfi gurationTasks.GetOabVirtualDirectory


    I've been researching this for hours and have been looking at DNS to see if that is functioning properly and it seems to be. Any other suggestions to look at?

  • #2
    I got very lucky and ended up fixing this after hours of trial and error and researching. I finally decided to bite the bullet and reinstall the CA role. I encountered multiple problems uninstalling CAS and then more problems when i tried to install it back. I had to resolve many different issues including removing references to the owa virtual directories from an applicationhost.config file. I wish I could reply back with a definitive set of fixes but I tried and failed doing so many things, it would have been impossible. I would say that I don't think there's any way I would have been able to resolve the issue without uninstalling and reinstalling the client access role.

    Comment

    Working...
    X