Testing a new SBS2008 server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing a new SBS2008 server

Hi All

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will be setting up a new SBS 2008 Server for my company. I will be testing this before going live. Is it possible to do the testing using my current SBS 2003 network. I need to keep the 2003 network running for now until I've finished testing.

I've looked around and some say to create a VLAN for the SBS2008 testing. would this be correct?

If so is there any help available in setting this up?

Thanks all

Re: Testing a new SBS2008 server

well, what does your testing involve ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

well this is going to be a brand new network, so will be new DC, active directory users/groups, new exchange server setup, everything really.

Whatever is set on the current 2003 running our business network now, will be setup on the the new SBS 2008. But I dont want to migrate, this needs to be fresh. The main reason for this VLAN is because of the DHCP conflicts on both 2003 and the new 2008.

You could try creating the server and a workstation on a virtual machine. Correct use of networking on the VMs would ensure that the production network would not be affected.
        Why do you need to start afresh? You don't say and in my experience it ALWAYS involves more work.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.