Exchange ActiveSync

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange ActiveSync

I have been struggling for weeks now on getting my Iphone to connect to my exchange server so that it can download our mail.

OMA is running... but for some reason when trying to connect i keep getting "Cannot connect to Server" iv tried many ways on doing this. Can some one please tell me where im goin wrong. Also want to know what do i have to configure on the server {SBS 2003} to get Exchange ActiveSync workin.

Re: Exchange ActiveSync

:sigh:

If I could get my hands on the person(s) who perpetuates the ActiveSync = OMA myth....

Do you have Exchange SP2 installed?

What happens when you run the tests at https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Yes I do.... an thx for the reply. I'm really new to exchange in general

Comment

Ok, have you run the tests? What were the results?
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

do you have a self-signed certificate ?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yes sorry for the long wait... iv had some other projects pile on.

But yes all of the tests passed... iv had some clients able to log onto the server and get their mail. but those are either smartphones that are running windows mobile or android... im still haveing no luck on iphones.

It turns out dat the ports were not open on the firwall, an this help resolve some of the issue.

And yes we do have a SSL certificate

By the way cruachan, thank you for that site it helped a lot.

Comment

No worries, that site is great for a number of things and anyone supporting Exchange should know about it.

ActiveSync quite simply works or does not. If some clients work and some don't, it's a client side issue IMO. Have you got your iPhone up to date? Some older versions of ios don't support ActiveSync.

443 is the only port you should need for ActiveSync, this being SBS you should also have 80 and 3389 open (For RWW) and 25 for SMTP. Full list here.
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

One "fix" I have found is to remove the Exchange settings then turn the iPhone OFF and I mean shut it down. Reboot iPhone and setup Exchange account again. Had the same issue with and without SSL and the "shutdown fix" fixed it both times.

The easiest way I have found to install the SSL Certificate is to email it to yourself then sync the iPhone.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have iPhone and iPad working with my SBS 2003 server. My wife had the very first version out and I could only get it to work using imap settings and not exchange.
                  Last edited by coxhaus; 14th October 2010, 20:27.

Comment

I recommend you use the iPhone Configuration Utilty from here to configure your phones - there are different utilities for different versions of iPhone.
                    Put it on your laptop/favourite management workstation, NOT your server, for configuring...
                    Last edited by teiger; 4th October 2010, 00:07. Reason: Add installation rider!
                    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                    http://www.wintra.co.il/
                    sigpic
                    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

iTunes and Quicktime = too much Apple crap on my laptop.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You pays your money, you scr3w up your laptop ;>)
                        TIA

sigpic
                        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

My wife has decided the iPad is not working with email. It works on the network but not in the wild. Her iPhone works fine using IMAP. I have tried the exact same setup as the iPhone on the iPad and it does not work. I have also tried activesync with no luck. I mailed the certificate to her iPhone and iPad and both were installed. They are self signed certificates from SBS 2003.
                          I guess we will try rebuilding the iPad from the desktop. Does anybody have an iPad working with SBS 2003? Are there any special setting or patches?
                          PS. She is getting the same message as the original post. "Cannot connect to Server"
                          Last edited by coxhaus; 14th October 2010, 20:48.

Comment

I have figured it out. I completely rebuilt the iPad from the desktop and deleted the current setup for activesync. After the rebuild I reinstalled the certificate then setup activesync again. All is working from her work. I closed all the extra ports on the firewall except for TCP 443. It is still working and my wife is very happy. She said the iPad is a lot faster than the iPhone for email.

Comment

Glad you got it solved.
                              Thanks for posting back and letting us know.
                              TIA

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X