Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OWA suddenly stopped working (Internally AND Externally)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA suddenly stopped working (Internally AND Externally)

Hi Everyone,

I have a customer who has a SBS 2003 and uses OWA to check his mail from home (via a dyndns as he does not have a fixed IP). He just phoned to tell me that he cannot access his OWA from home. I therefore tried myself and found the "Cannot display page". I connected to his server via RDP (As the dyndns is still working) and tried to browse to OWA internally (sbs2003/exchange) - Same error! Everything was running fine until yesterday, and nothing in the logs shows that a problem occurred! I tried an IISRESET and also tried to reboot the server but still no luck...

I spent some time on this issue and I'm realizing that I'm in a loop and need help of others!

Thanks for helping in advance,

Laurent

Re: OWA suddenly stopped working (Internally AND Externally)

does normal Outlook work ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yep... And I'm not able to browse the default web site either...

All the services are started

Comment

HTTP or HTTPS ?

Check the wizard - I think it's the CIEW for IIS. THat should make sure all your IIS settings are configured properly..

Have you asked what changed ?
        Can you telnet to port 80 and 443 on the server, from the server itself ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

HTTPS.

Nothing has changed on the server, that's what makes me crazy !

Which wizard are you talking about?

I tried to telnet the server from itself on 80 and 443 and it's not giving me anything, not even the welcome message. It just come back to the c:\

Comment

If IIS is listening on port 80 you should at least get the banner returned from IIS. Make sure IIS is advertising itself on the correct ports and all the related web services for IIS are running. As already said you can use the CEICW wizard from Server Management>Internet and Email>Repair internet and email settings.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the repair internet and email wizard and still no luck. I can telnet the server from itselfon 25 and 110, but still not on 80 & 443

All the services related to IIS are started. Really don't know what to do next

Comment

sounds like the IIS services aren't completely running. make sure both the IIS Service, the w3svc are started. Then also make sure the individual websites are "started", as well as the App pools

otherwise, check firewalls

Comment

Thanks, checked and all found ok

Comment

so the problem is ok, or all those services are running correctly ?

Comment

Working...
                    X