No announcement yet.

Using RWW on failover internet connection

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using RWW on failover internet connection

Hi Guys hope you can help, i've been googling this for a while now and i'm struggling to get a solution.

We have sbs2k8 and RWW works absolutely fine for logging on remotely to the portal and then RDPing on to designated workstations or the server. We have setup WAN failover incase our ADSL line goes down, and have created a new url pointing to the new ext IP and although i can log on successfully, due to the certificate now being wrong i am unable to rdp to workstations or server. Is there a way to add both and to the cert so users can use either line successfully? From what i have googled i dont think SBS2k8 can set this up natively, i cannot find any documentation how to do this, or anyone else who has done this??

Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Using RWW on failover internet connection

If you have deployed a UC certificate on to the server then you would just add this additional name to it. If you haven't installed a commercial UC certificate then you really should.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Using RWW on failover internet connection

Hi Sembee, i think that is exactly what i'm looking for, thank you very much!!