No announcement yet.

Problems with folder redirection

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with folder redirection

I have a small business server network with 7 client machines all running windows xp. Folder redirection is setup for the user's My Documents and Desktop. The problem I am having is user's computers are freezing when trying to open files (word and excel) off their redirected documents. The user might open one document and then when they click on another one it opens the application and says downloading document, and the computer freezes. Also users are having poor performance saving files. 30+ seconds to save a single page excel spreadsheet.

The client machines are set up with static IP addresses the primary DNS server being the ip address of the sbs server and no secondary DNS server.

Re: Problems with folder redirection

Why are you using static IP and not DHCP?
    Also check out something called SMB Signing - you can usually switch it off in such a small network.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.