Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backup broke who has a good solution they like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup broke who has a good solution they like?

SBS2008

For whatever reason the built in back stopped recognizing the backup drives nor new ones...although I can get Drive Manager to see them. I prob did it when I had to rebuild the managed SQL that's always maxing out...but I digress...

What is a backup solution you like for bare metal needs? ect?

To many solutions out there, most are far to expensive $500+ or forums and discussions are outdated for talking about 2008.
    Last edited by carboncow; 24th November 2015, 02:32.

BackupAssist is cheap and has good write ups - not sure about Bare Metal though.

TBH you should not be approaching this from the "$500 is expensive" angle, but looking at the value of your data (a LOT more to most businesses) and the cost of downtime
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If Windows Server Backup is broken then I'd suspect there's a deeper issue somewhere, and it's possible BackupAssist might not work for you as it sits on top of WSB. WSB can do bare metal so I'm assuming Backup Assist can as well?

Backup Exec Small Business Edition is reasonably priced (by Symantec standards) but probably still over your budget, but personally I'd be looking to fix what you have.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Shadowprotect.. ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X