Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003 alternative email domain doesn't work

hi!

We have an sbs 2003 server, and i need to setup an alternative email domain. I have followed the instructions, put the mx record to the dns, altered the recepient policy, updated certain users email address settings, even restarted the server... but i can't use the new email addresses from outside the network. i have sent an email to a new address, and i got back 5.7.1 SMTP relay access error message immidietely.

what did i forget to setup?

after this delivery issue is solved, i need to setup the clients so the users could send email from both email addresess.. how can i do that?

thx

Andras

It sounds like you didn't add the new domain to your Accepted Domains.

Comment

Joeqwerty, where can I do that?

I have followed this writing, but it did't tell anything about this "Accepted Domains"
      http://sbs.seandaniel.com/2004/10/ho...-sbs-2003.html

Comment

for Accepted Domains in Exchange 2003 as it is not just for SBS
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i googled a lot, but no success.
          accepted domains is an Exchange 2007/2010 option, it is not in Exchange 2003. Exchange 2003 only uses the recipient policies to handle what domains to accept...

Comment

Did you follow the instructions? What happened? This Exchange Server software is now 12 years old so terminology is often mixed up with what is available on the latest releases. I remember doing this on Exchange 2003 and it worked. I don't however fully remember what was done.

Do have a look at these and see if that helps. https://www.google.com.au/#q=add+add...+exchange+2003
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by senszey View Post
              i googled a lot, but no success.
              accepted domains is an Exchange 2007/2010 option, it is not in Exchange 2003. Exchange 2003 only uses the recipient policies to handle what domains to accept...
              My bad, I misread this as SBS 2008. Apologies.

Comment

Working...
              X