Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Administrator rights

Hi All,

After upgrading clients t​o Windows 10 the Local Administrator settings of Small Business Server 2011 have no affect anymore. Does anybody know why?

Thanks,

Alberto

Group Policy won't have settings applicable to W10 clients. There might be a manual fix for this, very much doubt Microsoft will patch it though given SBS 2011 is the last of it's breed.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I'm looking at least for a manual fix. In Win8 it was working.

Comment

What local administrator settings are you trying to use? Group membership or setting the password?

If you're trying to set the admin password through group policy, that is no longer supported as it was a huge security hole. I think you'll find that earlier versions of Windows will no longer work this way either since it has been patched.

Here's a blog post explaining the old way and how it can now be solved. http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfepla...-password.aspx
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I go to SBS2011 Standard Console -> select User & Groups -> select user Marcello -> Edit user account Properties -> Computers and I change for the specified machine from "Standard User" to "Local Administrator".

Comment

Ah, I see, This setting basically updates group policy. The setting might not be compatible with Windows 10 or the policy might not be applying for some reason (maybe WMI filter...)
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Jeremy,

How do I set the user A local administrator of the machine B with SBS 2011 and Win10 clients?

Thanks.

Alberto

Comment

Surely restricted groups in a GPO will still work?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Again, I don't know how to:

How do I set the user A local administrator of the machine B with SBS 2011 and Win10 clients?

Comment

Use to search for "restricted groups"
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Here is the easy way: http://www.isunshare.com/windows-201...tor-group.html

Alberto

Comment

Working...
                      X