SBS 2003R2 - Users can no longer access network shares or resources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003R2 - Users can no longer access network shares or resources

I have a Windows Small Business 2003 R2 Prem. I had to relocate the server to a newly built room. Since moving it and reconnecting every thing, the first problem I had was a Master browser issue and I got that fixed. Now DHCP does not issue IP's, users logon and they are not authenticated therefor not able to access internet, network shares or printers. I have been working to this all day and into the night. The DHCP was deleted and recreated. I ran dcdiag /dnsall and everything passed. So here I am stuck like chuck and out of ideas. I have check all the threads on the web as far back as 2005 and none of the fixes have resolved my issue.

Re: SBS 2003R2 - Users can no longer access network shares or resources

Are there any other domain controllers or member servers or is this your only one?

What are the event logs showing, particularly any services failing to start?

Did you shut it down cleanly?

Are there any networking issues in the new room?

Are you having any problems logging directly onto the server?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What happens if you give clients static IPs whilst you fix DHCP? Can they log on then?

Are all of your SBS CALS installed? (long shot)

Ossian is right as usual, the answer my friend is blowing in the event logs, the answer is blowing in the event logs.

Ste
      Steven Roberts
      IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Originally posted by Ste View Post
        Ossian is right as usual, the answer my friend is blowing in the event logs, the answer is blowing in the event logs.
        How many Cat 6a cables must a packet travel down before you can call it a packet?

Originally posted by Ste View Post
        Are all of your SBS CALS installed? (long shot)
        While I don't wish to advocate going over your CAL limit, don't forget that licence monitoring in SBS 03 was fundamentally broken. I've seen systems with only the default 5 CALs installed but with over 30 machines and users (they had enough CALs but hadn't installed them).
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Oh great joy, it was something that I had not checked. RRAS service was not running and the NAT component was the culprit. Started the service and presto! All good in network land! Thanks guys for the input, I had checked all of those things and was good.

Comment

Working...
          X