No announcement yet.

sbs 2003 rpc nightmare

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs 2003 rpc nightmare

hello all,

i am trying to help out a new client, and their server is extremely messed up. i have managed to fix a bunch of things so far, but for some reason, i cannot get rpc over http to work. i noticed that they have deleted the company web folder from inetpub directory. i feel like this may be contributing. when i try to run the internet connection wizard, the first 3 things complete successfully, but it fails at email configuration.

any help is much appreciated,

Re: sbs 2003 rpc nightmare

Hi Mike,

Sounds like you have fun there, hopefully I can help.

Firstly, you can repair the whole Companyweb thing by following this link ;

Then give the wizard another go and let us know the error, also look in event viewer and let us know the exact error message.

RPC over HTTPS has so many variables. Generally I look at another server and match all settings, you ned to set the correct security in IIS and set up registry keys for necessary ports etc.

First things first though, get your Internet Wizard sorted.

Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Hi ,

If they do have IIS backup , please restore it and check it might help...

"Companyweb" is installed into its own site in IIS and has nothing to do with RPC over HTTP. RPC(s) over HTTP on a single server requires a number of steps outlined here:

If you require it to work with SSL which is a best practice you need a certificate from a trusted CA.