No announcement yet.

Re-created user email problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-created user email problems

Hello everyone

I've just set up SBS 2008 and all is well except for one user who was deleted and re-created.

When the user was re-created from the console wizard, no "welcome message" was created but the account was.

When I set up the user's PC in Win 7 Pro, the Outlook 2010 asks for user name and password many times before eventually connecting. Often it tells me a connection to the exchange server cannot be made and that Outlook needs to be online.

When it's connected, all remains well with emails incoming and outgoing although when creating a new email and clikcing "to" to look at the global address list, it fails to appear and the "cannot connect to the exchange server.." message appears again.

When Users start Outlook, they ALL have to log in for the first time ( even though they have logged into the domain) and they have to accept a certificate which I'm not where it came from.

All users except the re-created user can see Global Address List and new users all receive welcome message when created.

Any help with this matter greatly appreciated as it's starting to drive me potty.

Re: Re-created user email problems

Moved to SBS'08 forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Re-created user email problems

Tell me you did and check out the SBS Diva Blog and SBS Technet Blog, didn't you?
      (If the answer is there, I am going to find a way to punish those who ask first and search later )

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.