Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmgmt.exe taking 60% cpu

Hello,

I have a SBS 2003 R2 with all the update and this morning when I first open my Outlook, I had received six emails that say "Processor activity alert on the server".".

I found out that the EXMGMT.EXE process was taking 60% of the CPU and it still does. And now, it is taking 99% at the momment I write this message.

Can I kill the process without hurthing my server?

Thank you!

Re: Exmgmt.exe taking 60% cpu

Have you Googled "exmgmt.exe"?

I'd suggest running the SBS BPA to see if that highlights any issues. And I'd also recommend scheduling a reboot rather than just killing the process.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Yes I did run the SBS BPA and it didn't show me any issues except for NIC drivers outdated.

I will do a reboot of the server tonight and see what happend.

Thank you Gareth!

Comment

Ok. Check what the CPU usage is before you reboot - you may find that it's back to normal. In which case, you'll have a reboot scheduled which you can use to update those drivers
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X