SBS 2008 domain and XP problem

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 domain and XP problem

Hello all,

I currently look after a network of 20 computers, some running windows 7 and most running XP sp3 (32+64bit) Mine is 32bit.
    I joined my computer to the domain after a fresh install of XP. Here are where the problems started.

After about 15 minutes I lost internet connection. About 20 minutes later the computer could not open or close any programs without killing the process. Then I lost network connection and was left with only the task manager running and no explorer open.

I managed to install SP3 after downloading it on a seperate computer and running it on a disk.

I have taken the computer off the domain and it runs perfectly.

I disabled all GPO from this computer and user. Still did not work.

Removed any links/network drives created from previous GPO.

Performed virus/spyware scan on both affected computer and server. Nothing

My server is running Windows SBS 2008.

The only main changes I have made was adding the users into the SBS console as they were not before and I wanted them to access our internal remote site.

All other xp computers have been fine apart from mine. But bear in mind that this problem emerged about a month after the changes.

I think that's everything, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Mitch

Re: SBS 2008 domain and XP problem

Please do NOT double post (identical thread in XP forum)
    Thread locked
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **