No announcement yet.

forefront TMG Connection issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forefront TMG Connection issue

Hi ,

We are using a SBS2008 , exchange 2007 . Now we have installed forefront threat management gateway 2010. Installation completed successfully completed . Now i open forefront TMG console and try to connect but getting error, unable to connect.

Do i need to change the version of forefront ? Also i do not found any services related to forefront in my services...please help to resolve the issue...

Can anyone suggest me the easy step by step guide available on some website.

Re: forefront TMG Connection issue

where are you trying to connect to Forefront from, on the server itself ?

And you are saying you do not have any forefront services installed on the Forefront server ?

they may not necessarily be called Forefront.

did you install forefront on the SBS server, or a separate server?

I would not recommend the installation of FF on an SBS server - forefront does ALOT Of things to firewalls, and blocks alot of things by default
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: forefront TMG Connection issue

Forefront TMG is NOT supported on SBS or on a DC, so I'm assuming you've got it installed on a seperate server. If not you have almost certainly entered a world of hurt.

It is also possible that the TMG install wizard only installed the management console, but seeing as there is no EMS for it to connect to it brings up the error you are getting.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      Cruachan's Blog