SBS Next announced at WPC 2010

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS Next announced at WPC 2010

From the SBS Blog

If you’re interested in downloading and testing the previews, you can visit and sign-up for the program. You will be notified when the actual bits are available for download.

The offerings we will have for you to try out will be:

•Windows Small Business Server (SBS) “7” Preview: The next version of Windows Small Business Server will include a richer remote access experience, as well as updates to all of the component software in the suite to the latest versions (Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange Server 2010 SP1, SharePoint 2010 Foundation, Windows Server Update Services 3.0 and SQL Server 2008 R2). As a result, small business customers will find significant security and management enhancements as well as much richer features for providing file-and-print, email and Internet services to employees. SBS 7 will support up to 75 users.
    •Windows Small Business Server (SBS) Code Name “Aurora” Preview: A new edition of Windows Small Business Server, Aurora is an affordable, easy to use “first server” option for small businesses that will be the company’s first to deliver both traditional and cloud capabilities. With SBS Aurora, customers will be able to better protect their business data through automated backup and restore capabilities, easily organize and access business information from almost anywhere and run a variety of business tools and software. SBS Aurora will support up to 25 users.
    I'm on SBS 2003 and happy where I am
    I'm on SBS 2008 and happy where I am
    I have a major interest in one of the SBS Next options
    I have little interest in one of the SBS Next options

The poll is expired.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Re: SBS Next announced at WPC 2010

Sorry to crash you sticky Steven, but I was just reading the preview versions of SBS 2011 Essentials (Aurora) and SBS 2011 Standard are coming to a close very soon so if anyone wants to preview them then get in quick.

Essentials is about 4.5GB and Standard is 6GB.

Interestingly, Essentials comes with the full 25 CALS (the maximum) and SBS 2011 Standard the usual 5 CALS and purchase extras as required. Hopefully as per SBS 2008 you will be able to purchase CALs individually and not in the previously traditional expensive 5 Pack lots.

Nice to see that Microsoft have made SBS unhackable since again it doesn't include an ISA type Firewall.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015