No announcement yet.

Clock wrong

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock wrong

Hi guys,

I have a server running SBS 2008 SP2 and the time seems to be running slow. Everyday it will run slow by a few minutes and by the end of the week the time will be completely wrong. This is affecting the client PCs as they get the time from this DC.

When I change the time back manually, it will also fix the time on the clients too. However once changed, it will start to run slow again.

I doubt this is a CMOS problem as it is a relatively new server.

Google searches yielded in no solution for my problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Clock wrong

Given all PCs get their time from the PDC emulator, it probably IS the bios clock.

Alternatively you could be getting time from which is notably unreliable.

Monitor the server clock, also set your NTP servers to one of the pools (search the forums for posts containing NTP and you will find a plethora of links)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Clock wrong

Gerdy, I think you can check where your client is really getting its' time from if you open regedit on a client machine and go to ;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\W32Time\Parameters\

Steven Roberts
      IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!