X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when SBS Web Applications are turned on all Outlook ask credentials

Server 2008

Hi,

When I turn on SBS Web Applications from IIS, which activates websites such as OWA, all the outlooks on the network start asking for credentials at random times... Ignoring the credential box doesn't suspend outlook operations. You can continue sending and receving emails... I don't know why this is happening. I've pretty much installed all avaialble updates out there. Nothing works. Currently SBS Web Applications is disabled. So cannot access email from the web.

Please help!

Cengiz

Re: when SBS Web Applications are turned on all Outlook ask credentials

Moved to SBS 2008 forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm confused... is this Windows Server 2008 or SBS 2008?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. It's Windows small business server standard 2008...

Comment

Hi Cengiz,

I have a workaround for this, give it a try ;

1.Go into IIS Manager
          2.Open SBS Web Applications
          3.Select Autodiscover
          4.Go into SSL settings
          5.Tick "accept" instead of "ignore" or "require"
          6.Press apply
          7.Repeat for owa, remote, Rpc, RpcWithCert and restart IIS

I hope it works

Ste

Steven Roberts
          IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Hi Ste,

I've just changed the SSL settings for all the components in the SBS Web Applications folder... Closed outlook, and opened it again. I wasn't prompted with a credentials window. So it looks like the problem is solved. But I'll test for the rest of the week. My OWA is up and running now.

But wanted ask, does this work around have any security implications?

Thanks for your help,

Cengiz

Comment

Working...
            X