No announcement yet.

Getting system error message

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting system error message

I am receiving the following error id: 55 from my SBS 2003 standard edition.

The message description says "The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy71"

When i saw that message, I quickly run the chkdsk but keep getting that error everyday. I have an attached External Hard drive via USB though. Not sure if this is the cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Re: Getting system error message

First things, I'm pretty sure that your servers hard drives are fine, the \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy71 does not sound like a local drive, but more like a emulated zone for volume shadow copys, or possibly something being used as one for backup software.

Check the time of the event and see if it matchs up with the back ups starting or finishing. Also, is the error at the same time every day?

If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
    IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".