Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd Outlook 2003 problem after SBS 2003.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Outlook 2003 problem after SBS 2003.

As you may know, Windows SBS 2003 comes with a ConnectComputer Wizard that configures the domain settings and installs applications (Outlook 2003) on client computers.

It does that just fine, but something really odd happens with Outlook:

Whenever you want to receive a notification that the recipient has received or read the message, Outlook throws an error saying something about the date not being valid, and it doesn't let you change any other setting. You can't even close the windows, as the dialog box keeps popping up.

Really weird.

Re: Odd Outlook 2003 problem after SBS 2003.

Can you provide the error message? Did you install SP1 for SBS 2003? Did you tried to disable the firewall on the client side?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Hey,

The error message says something like "Enter a valid date". This error pops up whenever you select the option to receive a read notification, or when you got to Calendar properties an try to change stuff, like wich is the first day of the week, work hours, etc.

No, I haven't installed SP1 yet. I haven't diabled the firewall either. Do you think the problem resides there?

Comment

Do the users have Admin rights on the computers they are logging in to?
        Has anyone implemented any special Outlook forms?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Yes, the users have admin rights and no, they haven't implemented any special or customized forms.

Comment

Please provide exact error message or screenshot

Comment

The error message says "Enter a valid date", nothing else.

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

I am sorry, you need to provide more information - please post the exact steps you take and at what point this error message appears, screenshot if possible.
                  TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                  http://www.wintra.co.il/
                  sigpic
                  Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ekG
                    The error message says "Enter a valid date", nothing else.
                    hey man

have you check if your computer date is the same as your sbs 2003 server?

ive had this issue once, just found out that the date and time was different from the server.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryJenner
                      hey man

have you check if your computer date is the same as your sbs 2003 server?

ive had this issue once, just found out that the date and time was different from the server.
                      No I haven't, but will definetely check it out. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow.

Comment

Well, you can find a screenshot here: http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8478/dibujo3gx.jpg

It's in spanish, but you can get the picture. Let's say you go to "New email message", the go to "Options" and whatever you do there, if you want to close the options windows, you cannot. Outlook complains that some fields have invalid dates, rendering the application useless, as you can't close it unless you kill the process.

The date and time in the computer is the same as in the server.

Comment

Please, does anyone have an idea what's gping on??

Comment

Working...
                          X