Sbs Get around port block and Stupid Isp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbs Get around port block and Stupid Isp

Hello I was wonder if I where to register domain user sbs wizard winch include dymic dns I understand that isp block The port 80 25 and 110

But if where register domain use the builten dynamic client to update register

Port block aside rrw web sound work fine It on port use 443 hell might screwed on that port too dam isp

Then I cound use office live free to setup account host site and have sbs grab email and pull into exchange?

And releay the external emai via isp smtp?

The original plan was for them get static ip Isp here stupid

They don,nt want to change In future they will need to but try figure out away around for time being I cound seriosly use some suggested My orignail plan for static ip got messed up :<

Any suggest

Re: Sbs Get around port block and Stupid Isp

Can I check I understand this?
    Your ISP blocks ports 25, 80 and 110 so you cannot host a web site, send (or is it receive?) SMTP email or let users pick up POP3 email

You don't want to get a static IP, so you are wanting to use DynDNS or a similar service

After that I'm getting a bit confused.....

Sounds as if you need to speak to your ISPs technical support and clarify what you are/are not allowed to do -- many ISPs offer "business level" services (at a price) which allow you to run servers that the "home" service doesnt
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The Isp block port 80 and mail port nothing can do about that
      i was look for away around that for remote web

The email can just be host else where Office live Am think it free come with sbs intergration

Comment

Have you verified that the ISP is blocking the ports or are you just assuming that because things aren't working? My suggestion would be to call the ISP and verify this, explain what you're trying to do, and see if they have any alternative plans you can purchase that will allow you to do what you need.

Comment

I know they block that port And I know term of the Isp

Comment

It just for time be need to get it work if possable dynamic dns wound be fine

Till they change isp to real one that acautly give crap about they customers

they current isp is stupid for prices not metion last time talk to just hangeed up when i ask about price to add static ip to existed plan

Comment

You could use a service that accepts your mail and then forwards it down to an alternate port that your server is listening on. Some services that do it include DynDNS (absurdly expensive) and RolletNetwork.us (my favorite!).
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
              -------------------------------
              Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
              Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
              Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
              Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

For refence it is buiness connection a super over priced one but they don,nt want change at moment

it include domainnameand hosting too

it the remote web that I like get work

I can relay outgo maiil via isp smtp server and pull down existed mail wiith pop3

winch shound let me use exchange fine

Outlook web problay not depend on port and RRw i like be able to but pretty sure need ssl port winch is block unless figure out way around

Comment

Any one used office live it free
                  expect for domain name

How it ingtergrated with sbs will be issues with blocked ports?

Comment

Hi Andy.

If your ISP won't port forward then there is something wrong. But usually it falls on your firewall for the port forwarding. I have never had a problem with ISP's stopping any ports need for SBS publishing.

Comment

You havent met British T*l*c*m, for example. They used to block port 25 inbound until you paid for a business class service. Don't know if they still do so.
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Most residential class ISP accounts, at least in the US of A, block common inbound ports like 25 and 80. Mine does (Cox cable, southwest) but yet they don't explicitly state you can't use email or web servers on your line. Just that you have to deliver it over nonstandard ports.

The practice helps to stop malware abuses.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                        -------------------------------
                        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                          The practice helps to stop malware abuses.
                          For "malware abuses" read "make money"
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

I thought here in the Republic of FIFA (read South Africa) we were restricted. Here they just limit the bandwidth. (what little we have) But port forwarding for mail and web traffic all happens relatively easily.

Comment

Working...
                            X