No announcement yet.

ADMT errors! Not migrating users! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMT errors! Not migrating users! Help!

Hi there,

I previously was able to migrate users with ADMT, but I had to rebuild the target server and now it doesn't work!

I have set up DNS lookup for the two boxes and they ping each other and I do the RunAs command with the TARGET logon, the domains come up in the wizard but I get a whole heap of error and none of the accounts come across. Here is the error I got in the logfile:
    Code:
    2010-05-28 13:00:48 ERR2:7839 Unable to migrate source object 'LDAP://CSL-SERVER.csl.local/CN=Ramona Clark,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=csl,DC=local' as it cannot be determined whether the corresponding target object has previously been migrated to the target domain and replicated to the current target domain controller.  The server is not operational.
    2010-05-28 13:00:48 ERR2:7839 Unable to migrate source object 'LDAP://CSL-SERVER.csl.local/CN=Researcher 01,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=csl,DC=local' as it cannot be determined whether the corresponding target object has previously been migrated to the target domain and replicated to the current target domain controller.  The server is not operational.
    2010-05-28 13:00:48 ERR2:7839 Unable to migrate source object 'LDAP://CSL-SERVER.csl.local/CN=Ric Falconer,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=csl,DC=local' as it cannot be determined whether the corresponding target object has previously been migrated to the target domain and replicated to the current target domain controller.  The server is not operational.
    Coulkd anyone please help, this is driving me nuts! Thanks

Re: ADMT errors! Not migrating users! Help!

OK I fixed this. It's simply a matter of uninstalling ADMT and deleting the ADMT directory then reinstalling. The Database get mixed up or something HOWEVER I couldn't install ADMT on my new server, kept getting an an error saying it's couldn't install the cut-down version of SQL server???

Regardless I was able to do the migration, but it is frustrating that quite simple tasks as so difficult with SBS2008 server. You would have thought Microsoft would have improved this product, especially for migrating important business data ie: Exchange data/AD etc..

Comment

Working...
    X