how to add email alias?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add email alias?

I need to add a few alias to our management team members. I don't see anything in the SBS Console pertaining to this. Can I just go into AD Uses & Computers to solve this need w/o breaking any connections to how things are admin'd on SBS?

Re: how to add email alias?

Yes, although as always with SBS, it is much preferred if you UTFW
    All the traditional tools are there, and will work
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What Wiki??

I have two SBS references in front of me and neither covered Alias! So I have a resource...just lacking. Am I missing a kickass Wiki somewhere to answer all the SBS newbie questions not covered in $40 books!?!?

Comment

Er...
        Use The.......Wizard (rather than doing things the "big server" way)
        (no mention of Wiki anywhere in SBS, and no amazing sources of info - except here )
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Got it and thanks. I (obliviously) took the UTFW literally and thought I was missing something...

Comment

I don't think there's a wizardized way to create email aliases in the SBS console. If there is, it's well hidden. Just use the Exchange Management Console on the "E-mail addresses" tab of the user's mailbox.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
            X