Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP SP3 client share problems

Hi there, I hope somebody can help me!

Recently I have installed Small Business 2008 with the intention of having various shares and Folder redirects for all domain users.

I am having a situation whereby clients on XP Pro with SP3 on their machines are losing access to the shares on the server. This occurs when they try to access \\server\my documents. An access denied message is given follwed by complete loss to the server with the exception of "RedirectedFolders" and Exchange. This is an almost brand new installation and I am aware of a bug in Symantec End Point that causes this sort of thing which is NOT installed on the system.

Any comments welcome,

Many thanks
    Grum

*** Sorry I have just realised this is in the wrong thread! ***
    Last edited by grum; 21st May 2010, 12:34. Reason: Wrong thread!

Re: XP SP3 client share problems

And moved to SBS 2008...
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Solved!

I found two problems here. The firewall on the server seemed to not be working properly. More importantly though it was the client's machine's permissions locally. The user accounts cached on the client machine from the previous server were either removed or had the permissions reset via ERD.

Graham

Comment

Thanks for posting back with your solution Grum. It is appreciated.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X