Partition C: for SBS 2003 Re-Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partition C: for SBS 2003 Re-Install

I am preparing to do a re-install of SBS 2003 for a small client of mine.

The server is an older Dell with a PERC 5 Raid controller, configuration is RAID 5 partitioned as the C: and D: drives.

I have seen a number of posts where people advocate creating a system file partition in addition to the C: partition, some people say create a small C: partition for the OS and then another partition for Programs. (While I do have backups of everything, I would prefer to leave the current D: partition alone, that's all my data, shares, workstation backups, etc)

Given this is a very small shop (9 users) and the only server based app is there accounting, and given my adherence to the principle of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) would just recreating this C: partition be sufficient??? As far as future expansion goes, their next step up would be a new server and SBS 2008.

Thanks

Re: Partition C: for SBS 2003 Re-Install

This is the FORTH (4th) thread about your SBS setup. Do you really need this one as well?

Just in case, what is the size of your C partition?
    What is the size of your D partition?
    Are there any other parttions?
    If yes, what are their sizes?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Partition C: for SBS 2003 Re-Install

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      This is the FORTH (4th) thread about your SBS setup. Do you really need this one as well?
      Or even FOURTH

toleolu
      Biggles77 is right. If you are not sure what you are doing, get hold of a professional. Tell us where in the world you are and we can even recommend an SBSC or equivalent in your area to help you.
      We are here to help, and do so willingly - but only up to a point!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X