Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OWA: why does Internal Web Site insist on credentials?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA: why does Internal Web Site insist on credentials?

After logging into the OWA at http://remote.domain.com I can access the three topions of Check E-Mail, Connect to a Computer and Internal Web site just fine. My concern is that the Internal Web site option requests credentials again...and not just the username and password it insists the username be in the format of:

domain\username

This creates some confusion for the less techie users who are trained to enter the username and password at the OWA login. Does anyone know why it insists on this and what the work around is?

I've done this install three times during testing and this fact existed in each attempt, so I don't think it has anything to do with the install step choices.

Re: OWA: why does Internal Web Site insist on credentials?

hello.

you must enable windows integrated authentication.
    go to EMC > Server Configuration > Client Access
    highlight CAS server name.
    under Outlook Web App right click default OWA select properties.
    select authentication Tab
    make sure only "Use one or more standard authentication methods" is selected.
    and only Integrated Windows authentication is ticked.

I would reccomend doing a iisreset
    also make sure your clients have integrated windows authentication enabled in their browsers.

Comment

Re: OWA: why does Internal Web Site insist on credentials?

So is it supposed to do this by default?!!?!?! I cannot image why I would want to create so much confusion for my users. Additionally, is the Explorer side change you mentioned default or not...some of these are going to use it from home and I'll never get them to do custom config.

Comment

Working...
      X