Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint site not appearing for internal users on SBS2008

Hi there,

I am doing some volunteer work an an SBS2008 server. Basically we have sharepoint active , but no one can connect via browser, it basically times out and says 'cannot connect to Sharepoint server'...

All the relevant services seems to be running and I restarted them all and still go this problem.

I had a feeling it could be the SQL server than controls sharepoint or even something with IIS, but they all seemed OK.

Could someone please outline a checklist of what I should look for to resolve this issue?

Regards

HB

Re: Sharepoint site not appearing for internal users on SBS2008

can you telnet to the relevant sharepoint instance on the server ? (ie, itmight be port 91 or something.. so:
    telnet server 91
    and see what happens

a screen dump would be of assistance, so I know exactly where the error is coming from...

with SBS, there are lots of wizards to do basically everything, and it all works in a special, tied together way.. so sometimes normal changes you could make on a "normal" Server 2003 installation may break other things, and there's possibly a wizard you can re-run to fix this..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X