Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP behaviour when using connector and default smtp

hi,

I have looked through my SBS unleashed book although cannot see the answer to what I am looking for.

If a smart host credentials is entered within the sbs connector and dns is entered in the default smtp area, what would you expect to be used for delivery?

The reason i ask; i was looking at an issue whereby some mail was being refused by livemail and although the ip and exchange server is clean, i didnt expect to see the credentials in the header i sent to my gmail account (sending and filtering by postini). Unless the smart host provided by postini is entered in the sbs connector and default smtp connector, the credentials of the exchange server are seen.

Is this normal?

Thanks for reading.

Re: SMTP behaviour when using connector and default smtp

UTFW - the Internet Connection Wizard will organise what you need!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: SMTP behaviour when using connector and default smtp

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow reply - been on holiday with limited access to tinternet.

I would normally use the wizard. the reason i asked was because i think someone has gone in afterwards and altered in from esm. all working now.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X