No announcement yet.

SBs 2008 rww problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBs 2008 rww problem

I have a sbs 2008 and when I login to remote work place and use the connect to computer I get the message
    "The Terminal Services Gateway service is not running, Contact your network administrator to resolve this issue."
    I searched all over the place and tried a number of different things from the MS website. The only thing that works is going into iis manager and web applications removing the bindings close IIs and open it up again add the bindings for port 80 and 443 again close it and re-apply the security certificate and it works but for only a few hours than it happens again.
    Can anyone please help? I have 2 other sbs2008 servers configured the same way same hardware and they do not have this problem.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: SBs 2008 rww problem

I only have this problem when accessing the computer from the outside the network. If this is done internally it works fine. I only have this problem when trying to "connect to a computer" from the internet

Did you installed the selfissued certificate generated by the server on the computer outside the network? You can find it on the sbs box in the Public Downloads
      Last edited by mhoogev; 6th April 2010, 11:03.

Yes, still the same problem. Strange this is the only server out of 3 other exactly the same small biz 2008 servers that is doing this.

Has number 3 got a different Router?
          Departed: 23rd December 2015

Is there anything in the Event Log on the SBS? I had similar problems and also got Event ID 201 / 301.

If so, go to the "TS Gateway Manager" (on the SBS) and check within the Policies container for your Server.

You should have:
            - ONE "CAP" Policy for "Domain Users" (controls WHO can connect).
            - TWO "RAP" Policies (controls WHAT they can connect to). One policy for "Domain Computers" and one policy for "Domain Controlers".

Last edited by studio_two; 15th April 2010, 15:32.