No announcement yet.

install sbs 2008 with non private ip

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install sbs 2008 with non private ip

I'm going to migrate my sbs 2003 domain to sbs 2008 on a new server.
    my local LAN ip address start with 200.0.0.X sub
    as i read i can't install the sbs 2008 while my local LAN use this kind of ip address range.
    am i right about that?
    if i can't use my current ip address,can i change the ip address just for the installation on my server and DHCP to 192.168.1.X sub finish to installation of sbs 2008 and after that setup my ip address back to 200.0.0.X on the sbs 2003 and sbs 2008 and everything will work normal?(there is a difficulty in changing my local ip address range to 192.168.X.X)

Re: install sbs 2008 with non private ip

the folowing page states install with a private range, then change it later

you may then need to run the CEIW or whatever the equivalent is, after changing the address.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: install sbs 2008 with non private ip

Why would you want to use public IP's for your LAN anyway? Surely you are better using a firewall and NATting/PATting the necessary equipment!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.