SBS 2008 with Secondary Exchange Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 with Secondary Exchange Server

I have a client that is about to have a new SBS 2008 server installed. They have now made an additional request due to flakey power where the server is being installed.

Email is critical to them, as it is with most companies, and would like to be able to receive email via OWA 24/7. Is it possible to have a second exchange server that could be hosted in another location to resolve their problem and have both Exchange servers talking to each other?

I'm not sure if this possible but haven't seen anything as yet that says it can not be done.

Any suggestions/advice would be really appreciated.

Phill

Re: SBS 2008 with Secondary Exchange Server

I use Exchange Defender which, as well as cleaning up all spam, offers what they call a "livearchive" service which is effectively your mail going through their hosted exchange and giving you access via OWA 24/7.
    Contact me directly if you cannot find a reseller. (Sorry for the ad)
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Possible answer is SBS 2008 Enterprise edition, which permits installation of 2 Sbs2008 in one domain.Otherwise the answer is no, cause SBS concept is only one server in domain.

Comment

Originally posted by vdnet
        Possible answer is SBS 2008 Enterprise edition, which permits installation of 2 Sbs2008 in one domain. Otherwise the answer is no, cause SBS concept is only one server in domain
        Hi VD, is this a little typo because you have contradicted yourself or have you gotten your 2008 versions a bit confused (an easy thing to do). I have bolded the contradictory parts.

There is no SBS2008 Enterprise edition. Perhaps you meant Premium Edition?
        You cannot have 2 SBS2008 Servers in the same Domain (Migration reasons excepted).
        SBS concept can have up to 75 Servers in the same Domain but the SBS2008 Server is the boss. (Yes I know, 75 Servers would be a bit silly but it is possible)
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X